If you take care of your Ballena Bay Product it will last you for many years to come. below are some tips for keeping your mug, glass, or pewtinium looking great for many generations.
Caring for your pewtinium
- If drinking any acidic drink from your mug always rinse the mug after each use.
- Never put any pewtinium in the dishwasher, this will cause severe discoloration.
- When cleaning your mug use warm soapy water and a soft sponge.
- Never let your pewtinium mug air dry, this can cause water spots.
- use a soft clean cloth for drying your pewtinium.
- If your pewtinium is a display piece a soft cloth and window cleaner will remove and fingerprints and dust.
- Pewtinium will not tarnish but the oils and dirt can cause discoloration on your mug over time.
- Always test any cleaning products on a small area first.
- If water spots or discoloration occurs you can purchase our cleaning kit, and follow the instructions provided.
- When trying to remove stains from the inside of your pewtinium, you can use a 1:1 ratio of water and baking soda to create a paste. scrub the stained area with a soft toothbrush and the paste mixture.
- If you are having trouble cleaning your pewtinium or it was placed into the dishwasher by accident, contact us and we will see what we can do.
Caring for your pewter
- Pewter does not tarnish but it will patina after many years of use.
- If you are wanting to clean the patina and get your pewter back to its original shine, you can purchase our cleaning kit and follow the instructions provided.
- Pewter is dishwasher safe, that will remove some dirt and oils from the surface.
- Hand washing your pewter is preferred, as it will make any crystals stay attached longer and is also easier on the metal. It can be placed into a dishwasher on the top shelf.
- When hand washing use warm soapy water and a soft sponge, rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Air drying your pewter piece will cause water spots.
- water spots and finger prints can be removed with 100% denatured alcohol, just spray it onto the piece and dry with a soft cloth.
- If there are any crystals on your piece that have fallen off you can easily replace them with two part epoxy and the original gem or a replacement of your choice.
- If you happen to drop,break or damage your pewter in any way please contact us for information on repairs
Caring for your Glass pieces
- Your glass piece is dishwasher safe, but you will get more use out of it if it is hand washed.
- If you do place it in the dishwasher, place it on the top shelf.
- When hand washing your glass use warm soapy water and a sponge, rinse and let air dry or dry with a cloth.
- The pewter base will developed a patina over years of use, this can be cleaned using our kit. This will return it to the original shiny finish.
If there is any thing you still have questions about check out or frequently asked questions page or contact us. Enjoy!